Saturday, November 20, 2010

Say it! Say it!

"Good afternoon, shoppers! It's 4:00/5:00/6:00 and you know what that means? Time to stroll over to the bakery department and check out some of this week's featured items. Don't forget to grab a loaf of French bread for your dinner table! Hot, fresh, and baked right here, every day for you. So be sure to stop by the bakery department, and thank you for shopping with us today."

I have heard this Genuardi's announcement so many times (about 14 times a week) that I have memorized it. At first it was annoying (Me: "The Pane de Friuli is Italian bread not French bread!") but now I look forward to it. Now that I've memorized it I have to say it along with the announcer. Much like The Baby on the TV show Dinosaurs, I find myself chanting "Say it! Say it!" ("We're gonna need another Timmy!") A customer caught me saying the announcement one day. He gave me a thumbs up and said "You've got that down pat." Yes. Yes I do.

2 comments:

Beth C. said...

I can relate. I almost always copy Pastor with the "the grass whithers and the flowers fade; but the word of God stands forever. At this time I'd like to invite the ushers to come forward for this morning's offering." Once, when we were sitting towards the front, he caught me saying it with him. I was confronted and chastised firmly. I still say it with him but he hasn't caught me again. Love the blog!

HeatherH said...

LOL! I might start doing that too!